Labels

Monday, June 18, 2012

Beef Pie and Salad

Tonight's dinner entree came from the SkinnyTaste website again. I know, it's repetitive, but there are so many good recipes on the site. Besides, I chose the meals and shopped for groceries before starting this blog!

And, I actually took a few pictures this time....

Beef Pie, Salad with Vinaigrette, and Fruit

The beef pie recipe can be found on the SkinnyTaste website, or by clicking on this link: Shepard's Pie Lightened Up

I only made a couple of adjustments. I halved the recipe since I'm only cooking for two. Also, I had some beef tips in the freezer, so I used those instead of the ground beef. (I've made it with the ground beef before, though, and it's delicious).



Once the pie was in the oven, I cut up fruit for a simple side. I had fruit left from last night, so I cut up a nectarine, some pineapple and strawberries, and topped it with blueberries.




Then I got the salad ready. I've developed my own little go-to vinaigrette recipe. It's the perfect amount for a salad for two:

2 tbl red wine vinegar
1 tbl Dijon mustard
1 tsp olive oil
1/2 tsp sugar
splash soy sauce
salt and pepper to taste

I make the dressing in the bottom of the salad bowl, then add chopped Romaine hearts and chopped tomatoes.


This makes a small amount of dressing, but since there is so little oil compared to the vinegar and mustard, it's very strong.

If you decide to try this menu some time, I hope you love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment